This Honey Mustard Curried Chicken Chicken is the perfect mix of sweet and savory — an easy but tasteful dinner recipe for Sunday dinner or a busy weeknight!
If you've been following along, by now you’ve heard me talking about the new schedule of being a working-momma outside of the home that I've been trying to keep up with lately — which as any mom who returns to employment knows, takes a little while to adjust to. Fortunately, my family loves working together on meals. And in this case, fast family-friendly meals are essential since between the time I arrive home, and when my little guy expects his meal, there is only a 15 minute window. So today I'm sharing a fast and easy make-ahead chicken dish that is perfect for whomever is home first to put straight into the oven for dinner.
I love mixing traditional dishes with a something that is both sweet and savory (this Moroccan Carrot Salad is one of my recent favorites!), and I love how a simple, homemade marinade can really liven up your dinner table. What I love about this dish is that you can make it ahead of your meal (such as the night before) in just a handful of minutes.
Pair this Honey Mustard Curried Chicken recipes with some rice and a quick salad, you have a full meal (plus lunch leftovers) under control. Dinner - check, lunch prep - check! I love recipes that will stretch far enough to give you more than one meal. Especially during hectic weeknights.
Tips and Tricks for Making this Honey Mustard Curried Chicken:
- As with most meat marinades, the longer you let the chicken sit in the honey mustard curry marinade, the more the flavors will intensify! If you want added flavor, make this recipe ahead of time, which will in turn make dinnertime faster with by doing some meal prep.
- We all know the amount of clean-up that can happen when a saucy chicken recipe and baking dish spend some time together. Want an easy clean up? Follow my tip below for using dampened parchment paper. You're welcome!
Honey Mustard Curried Chicken
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4-6 servings
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/3 cup liquid honey
- 1/4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- pinch of cumin
- 2 pounds of chicken breasts, sliced into large pieces of 1 inch in thickness
- In a medium sized glass dish, mix together the canola oil, honey, mustard, curry power and cumin. Whisk together until thoroughly combined.
- Slice your chicken breasts pieces so that they are no more than 1 inch thick.
- Mix together the chicken breast pieces in the honey mustard marinade until the chicken is thoroughly coated in the marinade. Let the chicken marinate for 1-12 hours prior to cooking.
- Line a 9X13 baking pan with dampened parchment paper (by running water over a crumpled up ball of parchment paper, and then thoroughly ringing the water out of the paper). This will make clean-up of the chicken dish a breeze!
- Empty your chicken and honey mustard marinade into the parchment paper lined 9X13 inch glass baking pan.
- Bake the Honey Mustard Curried Chicken at 400F for 25-30 minutes.
- Test the chicken with a thermometer to ensure that the internal cooked temperature is at least 165F. Let cool for 5 minutes and serve.
Kids in the Kitchen:
The Honey Mustard Curry marinade in this recipe is super simple and easy for kids from a range of ages to whisk together. They can also help out by dampening the parchment paper and lining the baking dish to help with easy clean up after baking. Kids who have worked on their knife skills can easily cut the chicken with supervision as well since the pieces are intended to be large, but encourage the dish to cook quickly.