Your family is ready for a fiesta! You have your Cinco de Mayo party favours, decorations and all you need now are some recipes for inspiration! Don't worry - we've got you covered for your Mexican meal planning needs!
It feels like it has been a long winter, am I right? There wasn't an overabundance of snow in Toronto this year, but the endless grey sky and dreary days of freezing rain had my family and I waiting anxiously for spring. And what I love about Cinco De Mayo is that it falls at a time of the year when we need the bright and spicy colours, flavours, and spirit of celebration the most!
What I also love about Mexican food is the versatility you can have with it as a family. Whether you're having fajitas, tacos, or tostadas, you can easily lay out an array of toppings and salsas that will be fun for everyone to choose from and create their own unique meal. Not only does this make meals fun, but it allows kids to have choice in what they're eating, making them both engaged and more likely to enjoy their food.
Today I have a fantastic recipe round-up for you from ten of my food blogger colleagues. We have all of the recipes you could possibly need to celebrate Cinco De Mayo in style with your family. And most importantly, a few drinks for the parents, of course!
1. Shrimp and Avocado Ceviche, from Laurence Makano
2. Sweet Potato Black Bean Vegetarian Enchiladas, from Oven Struck
3. Michelada Beer Cocktail, from The Urben Life
4. Steak Fajitas with Cucumber Radish Salsa, from Almost Kosher
5. Baked Huevos Racheros: Gluten, Dairy & Soya Free, from The Budget Allergy Kitchen
6. Tequila Fajitas, from Carla Crudup
7. Healthy Blood Orange Paloma, from Our Food Fix
8. Easy Corn Relish, from Le She Style
9. Pork and Pineapple Tostadas, from Karyl's Kulinary Krusade
10. Sheet Pan Chilli-Lime Chicken Fajitas with Corn & Cilantro Salsa, from The Messy Little Kitchen
What recipes do you think you'll try this Cinco de Mayo? Are you having a party or celebration with your friends and family? Let us know in the comments below, and happy fiesta!